People are down on demo accounts. They say it doesn't mean shit until you have real money on the line due to psychological factors. I think demos are a great learning tool. I've learned more from practicing strategies with my Oanda demo than anything else.

Lets say you were going on a gambling cruise with your buddies to play poker for money. Is it a good idea to practice playing poker with phony chips for six months prior? Of course.

How about fighter pilots practicing on flight simulators? Does practicing on a simulator not improve your skills because you don't die when you get shot down?

I have a couple of friends who play Magic The Gathering. They have tournaments for it and there's prize money for the winners. Who here thinks the best guys at the tournament only played for $$$ to get to where they are because otherwise practice wouldn't mean anything without the pressure of money being on the line?

How about the pro ballplayer who takes batting practice before the game? Should he instead not bother to practice because there's no pressure to drive a double into the gap like in a real game?

There's no doubt there's a big difference between demo and live. And yes, you have to be able to do it when it counts or it doesn't mean jack shit.

Look at the greatest pro football quarterback in NFL history, Joe Montana. This guy has 4 Super Bowl rings. He's also won Super Bowl MVP 3 times! The only man in history to do that. That my friends, is what you call clutch. And that's why he's the best of all time. Because he played great when it was all on the line